TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Correct
People Seeking Info

Subject Correct

Posted by BlackholeZ on May 25, 2017 at 2:15 AM
  This message has been viewed 465 times.

In Reply To Dan, you have the inlets without the larger IC piping? posted by ZXoltan on May 24, 2017 at 12:53 PM

Message I added the planars while still on stock intercoolers and stock IC piping, years after the exhaust. I got ahold of some selin elbows at the same time so did a bit of a seat of the pants comparison between single pop, elbows, and planar inlets. I was running 15psi, would hit 8 almost immediately and then shoot to 15 around 3800-4k resulting in rampant wheelspin.
The elbows made a noticeable difference in spool, making it a lot easier to control the boost. Almost felt slower because there wasn't such a sudden kick. I drove on the elbows for probably 3 months while waiting for the planars to arrive, so this gave me plenty of time to get comfortable with the new power curve. Once I got the planars installed, they took what the elbows did compared to the single pop and did it again.
There's still plenty for me to do, I'm just adding things as the opportunity arises or I can afford them. I'm still on no-name split downpipes. I installed a set of SZ 3" expansions for a customer going from 2.5" splits and he described a similar improvement in boost response. I definitely want a set of those and 3-2.5" testpipes. Ash IC piping as well. I'll probably keep the Stillen ICs for a while. Can't wait for the E85 either...

-Dan
VTC Solenoid Caps href="http://goo.gl/GaK9E">and install instructions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.