TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Helmholtz resonators
People Seeking Info

Subject Helmholtz resonators

Posted by BlackholeZ on January 31, 2017 at 8:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 406 times.

In Reply To I dont know what they are called, but did you look into posted by LJZTT on January 31, 2017 at 05:11 PM

Message Also called sidechain resonators. They work best when the side chamber is actually dampened, like using one of those vibrant resonators in parallel. Theoretically you should be able to cancel out a specific frequency but in testing they don't seem to work that way. Don't know if it's a size thing or what. Synapse Engineering had a selection of sidechain resonators and in testing they found that cramming in the biggest resonator you could had the biggest effect. All the math of resonant wavelengths didn't really change anything.
On my formula car we have two vibrant resonators in parallel, and cap one to drop ~4db.

-Dan
VTC Solenoid Caps and install instructions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.