TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The only possibility that I can see for alterations in the
People Seeking Info

Subject The only possibility that I can see for alterations in the

Posted by Z from Japan on March 26, 2003 at 11:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 142 times.

In Reply To Thanks, but I think you'll find MON and RON ----> posted by Todd@Z1 Motorsports on March 25, 2003 at 08:45 AM

Message ecu code to account for fuel additives would be done on the fuel and or timing maps. If you download the newest list of .bin files that was posted on Sparkies page, you can compare the timing and fuel maps from stock codes from Japan, US. Cali, and Europe. You will see that the Fuel maps are virtually identical - in a nut shell, stupid rich. 10.X to 1 AFR is over doing it. The timing maps only vary a few degrees.... well maybe the Euro code is retarded, I haven't checked it out but I heard of people in Europe running Z's on the equivalent of ~85 octane...
Really the best thing to do is try them out with the safety of a dyno. If you can get your hands on some tuned .bins from some of the better shops in Japan you'll see that at less than full boost, they really crank the timing forward. There is a lot of slack in the stock Nissan codes.

Performance Parts For Sale Cheap.... Click me!
z from Japan - just barely old enuf to drift

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.