TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Im tuning my 90 Na to be happier on 134a
People Seeking Info

Subject Im tuning my 90 Na to be happier on 134a

Posted by Cjw3 on September 08, 2024 at 8:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 19 times.

In Reply To Re: You have done well posted by ctheobal on August 23, 2024 at 01:32 PM

Message I had charged my R-12 System with the amount of 134a used in the later Model Zeds, after I installed a NEW Compressor during the conversion.
The High Pressure Switch would hit at Idle and low speed running, causing my Compressor to Stop. Decent cooling at Speed above 40 MPH.
I finally bought a R134a Gauge set that had the QD's necessary to get into the 134a Test Ports.. All of my Refrig Stuff was for R-12 and R22, and I was unable to get into the High Side and see what it looked like without spitting 134a all over the place when I'd disconnect..

I ended up taking out a bunch of R134a, to get the High Side Pressures at High Idle down to 250 PSI, they were running in the lo 300s!..

Now the sight Glass has a few bubbles going by.. However the Cooling is about the same, and the AC works at Idle and in the +100 Deg.. The Compressor is also not complaining as much when its running.

I have not done anything with the Evap, and its an Automatic Air Conditioning, rather than the Hand Controls..

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.