TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Brake issue question
People Seeking Info

Subject Brake issue question

Posted by acetrebo on August 06, 2024 at 1:44 PM
  This message has been viewed 69 times.

Message So, I have been doing track days the past couple years, did one again yesterday. I have stock size stoptech cross/slotted rotors, EBC blue stuff pads, stock calipers, motul 700 fluid.
After about 4-5 laps on a 2.25 mile road course, I start to experience a bad brake "shuddering". The were smooth up to that point. I found that once the brakes cool done, the shuddering was gone, like the next run for example. I also found if I did a few laps lightly using the brakes and coasting where I could, then the shuddering would go away also, at least for a lap or 2.
What the heck is going on here? Are my rotors getting hot and warping or something? Can't tell what is causing it.
I've never had the issue on the street no matter how hard I drive it. But on the track I have this issue.
I'm planning to upgrade the whole brake system, maybe ksport 13inch kit.
But I am wondering if anyone knows what could be causing it, or has experienced the same thing. I'm guessing maybe heat, but it just seems really odd that the system would be fine and then start having a bad shuddering under braking just from heat.
Thanks!!!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.