TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I just installed the transmogrifier in place of an Apexi SAF
People Seeking Info

Subject I just installed the transmogrifier in place of an Apexi SAF

Posted by DAYTONAZ on August 02, 2024 at 10:48 AM
  This message has been viewed 47 times.

In Reply To If ECU tune is set to Dual Intake, should you use add or avg posted by TTkeeper on August 01, 2024 at 05:47 PM

Message I bought one from the 1st batch and had it on my toolbox for months.

I just installed it this week and I can tell you that with the switch in ADD the car flat out stalls following start up. In AVG it idles smooth.
My Z is chipped for dual intakes and 740's. As mentioned above it will depend on how your ecu is flashed. You may not have the option, it runs or it doesn't and the choice is made.

I finally cleared up another project and now I'm back on the Z. I swapped out the Apexi SAFC for the newer converter technology. I have a Zspec single din that I'm going to install and I won't have room for the Apexi controller. Essentially, they are the same thing except the transmogrifier is newer tech and a simpler install. I noticed right off the bat the car is running slightly different but in a good way. My idle smoothed out a tad but the acceleration seems lethargic, maybe cause it's 98 % humidity and 105 degrees outside?? Verified base timing is at 15 degrees so beyond that there may be an AFR change. I have a wideband on the way to see where I'm at there. Still satisfied with updating from the SAFC.

Happy that folks are putting in the time to keep up with mods for our Z's.

src="https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3790/32814818780_bf146edcb7_h.jp
g">

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.