TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Randomly won’t run
People Seeking Info

Subject Randomly won’t run

Posted by DreamZ90 on August 02, 2024 at 7:36 AM
  This message has been viewed 63 times.

Message Two weeks ago went for a cruise wit the Triangle Z club. We drove about an hour and a half before stopping. Hung out at VIR for 3 hours before heading out for lunch. Up until this point the car ran amazing. Started to drive home and it started to lose power before shutting down. I ended up having to have it towed home as I could not get it to keep an idle after that.
Didn’t get to look at it for 2 days but when I went out it ran like a champ again. It was raining when it shut down and I had guessed that something got wet and had dried out…. I have taken it out twice and put roughly 200 miles on it since the without another issue. I had it in mind to take the hose to it this weekend and see if I could isolate the issue but had not gotten there yet. Last night I took it out to a club meeting and she ran great. Hung out and talked cars for 3ish hours before trying to go home and back to that same can’t keep it idling.
When this happens it won’t rev over k and sounds like it is missing. Eventually it just falls on its face but can are a couple minutes. The longer you wait the better it sounds and longer it runs.
I am going to pull codes this afternoon and run though the core items but am stumped by the intermittent part of if. Just not sure what would do this that could come and go

"Give me a 300ZX Twin Turbo and a three-day
weekend in the Sierra Nevadas, and i'll come back with the meaning of life."

Road & Track Executive editor, Richard Homan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.