TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Have a '95 2+2 that did that for a Minute
People Seeking Info

Subject Have a '95 2+2 that did that for a Minute

Posted by Cjw3 on May 29, 2024 at 2:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 102 times.

In Reply To Again, my ZX refuses to turn off with the key. posted by ZXPilot58 on May 28, 2024 at 06:52 PM

Message Did a Starter Exchange on the '95 some years ago.. Old Starter Kraped out.. Got a Replacement from Kragen Auto ( Its been a While).. When I started it up, drove Fine.. Turned it off.. And it did as you suggested.. Just Kinda SLOWLY Idled Down till Death Occurred.. ????.

So I grabbed another Starter out of another Zed ( All NA's ) and Put it in the 95.. Ran and Stopped Fine..

Took the Starter back to Kragens, they did not believe me that a Starter could do that..

I told them I agree with them, but I want another Starter Anyway.. I put the New Starter back into the Victim of the Theft Car.. and all was good..

At the Time I took a Quick Look at the ECCS Colorized Wiring Diagram.. I did not see anything Obvious then..

When Your Issue can up, I grabbed the ECCS again, and had a good Study of it.. I do not see ANY Starter Wiring in the Diagram.. So I will have to dig deeper into the Wiring to See How/Why this is Possible..

Can you try a Different Starter?..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.