TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - No heat from vents
People Seeking Info

Subject No heat from vents

Posted by Hiruzaiz32 on December 11, 2023 at 11:53 AM
  This message has been viewed 100 times.

Message Hey guys, recently I fixed my AC, and it blows ice cubes however I can't change the temperature at all (to make it less cold). With auto on and bringing up the temp, it's super cold. With ECON and temp set to 90, no heat still.
I've heard before the air mix module could be bad. Could it really? All ac setting work, goes from defrost, to vent, to foot or combination it all works.
When I first got the car, the heater worked and it was so toasty. After some time it just stopped working and I think it could be the coolant?

For a very long time I thought this car only needed 1 gallon of coolant and it's still running on one gallon of coolant. Radiator is full, but the reservoir is nowhere near the H reading. Doesn't even touch the L reading. Coolant reservoir dipstick is dry.

Lastly, the car stays a notch on the cooler side of the gauge, which I assume keeps the aux/AC fan off that's Infront of the condenser during AC operation. Is there any tests I can perform to test whether the heater core is working or if it really is a blend door motor? Could it be the thermostat stuck open or the lack of 2 gallons of coolant? (Owners manual says it takes 2.6 gallons of coolant). Car never overheats.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/81BeNtCMhxc2cA6WA

Thanks for reading.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.