TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - You say 35 psi, then drops to 7 - pretty sure that's low in
People Seeking Info

Subject You say 35 psi, then drops to 7 - pretty sure that's low in

Posted by Woodnutz (PA) on November 14, 2023 at 4:55 AM
  This message has been viewed 147 times.

In Reply To Any ideas what's causing this starting problem? posted by Good2Zya2.0 on November 12, 2023 at 02:35 PM

Message both cases. I'm used to seeing a diff fuel pressure of 45-50psi, but even so, the fact that it's dropping off like that is kinda wild. You have the FPCU bypassed? Given the size of your injectors and the power you're putting down, I expect you've got a beefier pump that won't play nice with the FPCU.. That said, I also know Scott is known to make some substnatial numbers with lower-flow pumps (recommended a Walbro 255 for me, which I have), so mayyyybe you still have the FPCU in and it's having fits?? Worth the ask. I left my FPCU alone with the 255 until just recently when I decided to eliminate that as a potential contributor to my minor idle bounce issue and for future work, too... especially considering it's one of the easiest things to do on the car.

Would be interesting to hear what Scott has to say. When it comes to fueling, he knows his stuff.

- Aaron

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.