TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - ABS Light After NA to TT Conversion
People Seeking Info

Subject ABS Light After NA to TT Conversion

Posted by BoucheyZ on September 13, 2023 at 1:27 AM
  This message has been viewed 187 times.

Message I have been searching for an answer for this problem for about 3 weeks without any luck. I have read, and saved, the guide someone posted here on how to get the car into the ABS system self-diagnosis and plan to do that as soon as I get a chance to. Before going through what could be a very painstaking process of trying to narrow this down I figured I would ask a question here in case anyone has experienced this before.

I recently purchased a 1994 Z32 M/T NA converted to TT. The owner I purchased it from did not convert the vehicle himself, he purchased it already converted. He really didn't know much about it. I honestly do not even know how much information to provide in order for someone to be able to help me out with this issue. I will try my best.

The ABS light comes on every time I drive the vehicle. It is not on when I start it. It only comes on when I get the car up to about 5 mph or somewhere close to that. I do know it is somewhere between 5 and 9mph. It's always on before the vehicle reaches 10mph. Happens every time, without fail. I do hear the sound of the ABS system behind the passenger seat doing its thing when the vehicle starts moving. I can drive the vehicle for as long as I want without the ABS light coming on so long as I stay below the speed at which it comes on, which is between 5 and 9mph, as stated.

Stock wheels. Tires are 225/50R16 all around. Stock brake calipers. Drilled rotors. Stainless Steel Brake lines. Brand new Optima Red Top battery. No other lights on the dash are on.

The donor car was a 1994 TT with an automatic tranny. The differential that is currently on the car is the 29 spline 5x1 R200 that came with the NA, not the 31 spline 6x1 R230 that came with the TT.

I was looking to see if this could be a common thing that happens when converting from an NA to a TT? Anyone experience this when doing a conversion?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.