TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Brand New 98Spec Transmission: Bad TO Bearing?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Brand New 98Spec Transmission: Bad TO Bearing?

Posted by fleminra7(KY) on September 03, 2023 at 8:42 PM
  This message has been viewed 114 times.

In Reply To Brand New 98Spec Transmission: Bad TO Bearing? posted by fleminra7(KY) on August 20, 2023 at 06:35 PM

Message Today I was finally able to get my car up on the lift and run the wheels with another person observing. It appears the sound is coming from the U-joint or the output of the transmission. My driveshaft is a new one-piece steel driveshaft from Inland-Empire. It has less than 800 miles on it. I will have to remove it to confirm. The sound is loudest after the wheels are spinning and the engine is decelerating. Same sound that I heard from inside the car. It definitely sounds like its in the driveline (lash), maybe bad bearing in the joint? Buddy said its definitely coming from here and not the other end of the driveshaft or clutch end of transmission. Hopefully this is not a transmission issue, but I'm still not sure. Any other tests I should do before pulling the exhaust and driveshaft?

La-Z-Link to Sound Clip

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.