TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: TT Oil Pan with engine in
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: TT Oil Pan with engine in

Posted by Metacom on August 04, 2023 at 8:53 PM
  This message has been viewed 146 times.

In Reply To TT Oil Pan with engine in posted by theKvR on August 04, 2023 at 07:08 PM

Message I did not remove the transmission or the turbo when I had to do mine. Its extremely tight as you've found but it is possible at the exact right angles. You have to keep messing with it.

I got a set of thin body wrenched to loosen those passenger side transmission bracket bolts as much as possible to be able to move them an n'th of a degree to allow space.

Also use one of those oil pan separator tools you can slide along the joint between the pan and block, carefully. Don't mangle then flange or the block.

Perform a few "dry" runs angling the pan back up into position as its just as tricky getting it back into place so you know how to install it without smearing the sealant bead. Also make sure your half moons are already set and secure with slightly tacked up sealant on the front and rear and that you don't knock them off when putting the pan up.

Make certain and use compressed air or brake cleaner to clean all bolt holes completely of all traces of oils other wise oil from the leak will squish out and ruin your new seal when tightened down.

Finally be patient and allow a full 24 hour cure before refilling. Don't wanna have to do this again anytime soon in engine ;)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.