TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Cruise Control stopped working after clutch replacement
People Seeking Info

Subject Cruise Control stopped working after clutch replacement

Posted by rdwoebke on May 13, 2023 at 10:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 115 times.

Message Hello all, long time Z owner here (1993 N/A bought it in 1998). 8 years ago or so my clutch went out and I had it replaced by a local independent shop. At the time I only drove my Z about once a month or so and it was several months later before I realized the cruise control wasn't working. I have done some searches and reading up and am looking for ideas/advice to try to get the cruise working again. When I try to engage cruise control the cruise indicator turns on but cruise never engages. I thought maybe it was the sensor on the clutch pedal because obviously the cruise won't engage if the system thinks the clutch is engaged but I don't think that sensor is the problem. I obviously could be wrong so any additional thoughts on how to try to rule that out would be appreciated.

Any other thoughts on something that might have been disconnected when replacing the clutch and forgotten to reconnect?

Not having cruise control isn't the end of the world, but I have been thinking recently I would like to try to troubleshoot it and get it working again.

Thanks!

Ryan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.