TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Hesitation and dying after shop replaced belts
People Seeking Info

Subject Hesitation and dying after shop replaced belts

Posted by TTwinTTurboZ on April 20, 2023 at 4:44 PM
  This message has been viewed 202 times.

Message Hello,

I have a 1991 twin turbo with a blitz boost controller and I had a shop replace all three drive belts. They asked me to drive it after they finished and it hesitates anytime I step on the throttle. It was low on gas so I filled it up but it didn’t help. If I apply too much throttle it will die and it’s almost impossible to make it boost, although I did get it to boost one and hit 12psi according to the controller. If I turn on the AC it will almost die and if I step on the throttle too hard it will die. It’s drivable but it’s like not getting enough air or electricity or something.

They mentioned that the red vacuum hose came off at one point on the boost controller in the picture and I don’t know if they drove it like that or if it came off while they were disassembling the intake tubes. They said they had to remove three air tubes including the black plastic one under the two silver ones. I’m going to post a video of what it’s doing but it’s basically hesitating and almost dying unless I take my foot off the throttle.

Sometimes the car just dies right after it fires up unless I give it some gas. Could it be something is loose or overtightened. I don’t even know where to begin. The car is still at the shop and they are going to take it back apart tomorrow to see if something wasn’t connected. It has a tune on it for 14psi and aftermarket inter coolers. They said they didn’t touch the intake cones or MAFs at all just the intake snorkel and two silver pipes but that red hose came off and I don’t know what that could do. The car was tuned before I bought it and I haven’t touched it at all it’s been driving fine and boosting fine.

The two red 10 guage wires are just for the electric fan which is still working and that disconnected connector has been disconnected all along. They also said they had a hard time getting the nut off the power steering pump if that adds anything. The two wires on my power steering cap broke off but I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t be causing this. Does anyone have any ideas?

54-DC30-B1-4-BE5-462-C-B142-A7305-B8-CEC6-D

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.