TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Just some thoughts to get you started
People Seeking Info

Subject Just some thoughts to get you started

Posted by Agent X on April 20, 2023 at 10:25 AM
  This message has been viewed 101 times.

In Reply To Running AC destroys my battery and charging system posted by Hiruzai_z32 on April 19, 2023 at 06:44 PM

Message Have you had electrical issues before you started messing with the air conditioning system? Electrical gremlins can be a pain to hunt down so this could require lots of troubleshooting.

With the A/C off AND on, to compare readings:
Car running, disconnect battery. Make sure car can still runs and get a voltage reading to see what the alternator is generating.

Can you see the clutch on the compressor engage/disengage? Make sure it disengages when the car is off if you leave the a/c running when you turn the car off (an electrical short could cause the coil to remain energized when it shouldn't be).

I converted my 93TT to R134a many years ago. Last time I serviced it I used my own set of gauges, rented a vacuum pump from the local parts store and filled with 2 -12oz cans of R134. It didn't take more than about an hour and a half, including letting it sit under vacuum. That will tell you if you have a leak, and generally how bad, and really the only way to get an accurate charge.

--------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------
Conversation between my sister and my wife (shortly before we
got married):
Wife: "You know, sometimes I think he loves that Z more than he
does me."
Sister: "He probably does, and as long as you're okay with that,
everything will be fine."

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.