TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The Link you posted is for a Pulse Output MAF
People Seeking Info

Subject The Link you posted is for a Pulse Output MAF

Posted by Cjw3 on February 24, 2023 at 2:47 PM
  This message has been viewed 132 times.

In Reply To So, 2-MAF voltage->air flow->1-voltage to ECM posted by Agent X on February 24, 2023 at 12:36 PM

Message That MAFs uses a frequency output for the amount of Air Measured.. the 300 ( and Others ) use a Voltage Output ~.2 to 5 Volt.

The Problem is not measuring the Air.. the Problem is the Nissan MAF is set 'Too Low'.. so it will hit 5 Volts before a High Hp Turbo Setup is done pulling the Air.. No Mater if you have ONE or TWO Mafs, and a Straight 'Combiner'... The End Result will be Over 5 Volt at High HP and RPM if you are using a 300 Nissan MAF with a Stock MAF Table in the ECU.

So the Intake MAF MUST be re-calibrated.. By Using Two Nissan MAFs, it 'Looks' Stock, and using a Proper 'Combiner' that will cut the Output by Half, and a Re-Calibration of the Nissan ECU, you now get a new 'Lower Voltage output at what was a High Limit'.. The ECU can not read any Voltage ( On the MAF ) Higher than 5 Volts.. and you don't want to ever reach that limit, as you never know when you might be over 5 Volts, if you are actually stopping there..

SIMPLE way is to use a Ford/Subaru/Toyota MAF that will flow more, Use only ONE MAF and then top out at less then 5 Volts. They are not hard to find.. BUT you have to Build a CUSTOM MAF Table in the ECU. That is a lot of work. No Way I can do that.

It's 'Relatively' Easy to take an Existing MAF Table already in the TT ECU, and Re-Scale it Down by Half.. ( I can't do it, but others can, and that table is already Published ).. and use Two MAF's with a Stellin Translator. All looks Stock, and the ECU Table has been proven..

And Like I said, I think someone here has already done the Ford MAF.. and Posted the MAF table for it.. It's ONE MAF.. Stellin, and the ECU Table has been published.. But I've never seen it.. Just Read about it..

YMMV

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.