TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - UPDATE - SOLVED -->
People Seeking Info

Subject UPDATE - SOLVED -->

Posted by fantomZ(OH) on February 21, 2023 at 9:10 PM
  This message has been viewed 180 times.

In Reply To Idle Troubleshooting - 90TT (The saga continues) posted by fantomZ(OH) on February 19, 2023 at 08:45 PM

Message TL:DR - Disconnecting and reconnecting the F25-E12 plug and plugging it back in fixed it.

After reviewing the body and EFI harness diagram, I was able to follow the power source for this sub-harness running through the F25 - E12 connector (red housing, right out of the engine fuse box). Since I knew the 10A fuses were good, I thought I would start by checking to ensure power from the body harness was making it to this connector. If it was, I could rule out the ignition switch and wire to F25-E12 as the issue.

I pulled the connector, identified the B/R (Black w/ Red stripe) wire which supplies the 12v to the AAC/FICD (and VTCs, PRVR, stock wastegate controls, AIV & more) on the body harness side. Put the test light on it and turned the key. It had power, great!

Now that I knew it had power to the connector, I plugged it back in and tested for power at the AAC, it also had power. EUREKA!

To confirm, I hooked up my conzult and ran through the solenoid test and for the first time, I was able to click on the FICD & VTC's.

I've yet to run the car as my kids were asleep, but I'll put it all back together, run through the idle set procedure and post a follow up video. This must have simply been a bad connection had formed over time at the F25-E12 connector. I plan to thoroughly clean and apply light dielectric grease when I put it back together for good.

Special thanks to:
Cjw3
Drk93TT
itsa300zx
ZUL8TR
FrozTTy
spicyZ

and even ZTicket(Dallas) who emailed me back with his solve to his issue from 2011. His issue was too much dielectric grease in the connectors causing voltage reading issues.

-Adam

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.