TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I've been spiking my fuel with ethanol since June 2010. At
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I've been spiking my fuel with ethanol since June 2010. At

Posted by ZBOOSTT on January 21, 2023 at 11:05 AM
  This message has been viewed 131 times.

In Reply To I've been spiking my fuel with ethanol since June 2010. At posted by not4resaleZ on January 21, 2023 at 09:20 AM

Message I'm sorry. You seem to be misinformed. Not hating. Just that Toluene actually cleans injectors and valves as well as evaporates water. I'm just going by what Porsche told me. Water is in plastic jugs too, but I aint using it for gas. I'll find the article from like 10 years ago, if I can.
I'm mostly saying that I've been boosting to 22PSI for about 7 years on my JWT 550BB turbos and haven't had any problems at all. When My engine/facilitating mods were about 3/4 finished, I only got to 4500RPM's before detonation. 376HP and 421 Torque. It was shut down after that. Power was climbing fast in a straight line, but I had a really crappy manual boost controller that was stuck. That was on 91 pump gas at close to sea level. I never got to know what my boost pressure was going up to. I have made some real important upgrades since that day, and I'm pretty sure the Toluene is really helping.

On my Porsche 996 twin turbo, I could totally feel the timing pull back when I was boosting hard in over 100 degree weather. After Toluene, It never pulled back the timing again, even in really hot weather. I know it helps, but I'd love to see someone do a Dyno run with a couple gallons so I could see if it's really as good as it seems to be. In the formula one cars, they ran, whatever the legal limit was, I think 85%. The fuel was heated through the radiator because it needs heat to combust well at that level. Our cars fuel lines would melt at 40% BTW. I'm gonna see if I can find the article. They said 1.2 liter cars were putting out 1000HP running Toluene and an inert compound. So insane! Hope I can find the article.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.