TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Sounds like you are trying to blend your own "race gas"
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Sounds like you are trying to blend your own "race gas"

Posted by ZBOOSTT on January 20, 2023 at 12:53 PM
  This message has been viewed 138 times.

In Reply To Sounds like you are trying to blend your own "race gas" posted by not4resaleZ on January 19, 2023 at 01:45 PM

Message Ethanol will definitely cause any copper....Like in the stock injectors, to just corrode so fast. Ethanol is corrosive. Ethanol reacts naturally with oxygen in the air to form acidic compounds which lead to corrosion of fuel system components and engine wear.

Water has always been a concern, but ethanol’s water absorbing chemistry exacerbates the problems associated with water contamination. Water is always present in fuel at some level, often suspended in the ethanol blended fuel until it becomes heavy enough to drop out. Ethanol and water are miscible, meaning they dissolve easily in each other. It is also lighter than conventional gasoline so it remains suspended in the fuel unless enough water bonds to it. Because water is heavier than fuel, it will eventually drag the ethanol to the bottom once enough is present. Research shows it only takes .398% water in fuel for phase separation to occur. At saturation the water and much of the ethanol separate from the fuel and drop to the bottom of the tank resulting in full phase separation.
I remember reading something about 90-94 300ZX injectors having severe coil damage just from the winter months of ethanol being added to gas in the USA. They don't use it in Japan. The coils oxidize and short out. In 95, Nissan changed the electrical circuitry in the 300ZX so that the injectors would no longer have constant 12V+ constantly present. In 95, the circuitry was changed to now only give an electrical input to the injectors after the IGN switch is turned on. If I'm using ethanol and let my car sit for awhile, I'm gonna probably have severe issues because of the water that will form and separate.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.