TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Anyone else boosting over 20psi?
People Seeking Info

Subject Anyone else boosting over 20psi?

Posted by ZBOOSTT on January 18, 2023 at 8:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 188 times.

Message Hey everyone. I'm doing some resets on my Blitz dual EBC and decided to just peek on here to see what others are doing. I have 4 or 5 presets...I think...Never went over my 4th setting which will make me hit 22PSI according to my gauges. I hope no one died of a heart attack!!! Haha. Anyway. I only set it on my "Max setting" when it's fairly cool out and I'm running 2 gallons of Toluene in a 3/4 tank of gas. (My Porsche 996 Twin Turbo also runs with this) I've been doing this for about 7 years now and my Z runs really strong. I have never seen even a spec of smoke or noticed anything unusual. I'm wondering why I don't see anyone ever boosting near that. I did my own engine build with forged pistons and basically everything is upgraded. It's been balanced and I did a HARD break-in. That was all about 7 years ago and she runs so great still. I don't ever just run pump gas. Not once except when I went to get a tune and no Toluene was available in Cali, so it didn't go well at all. My tune totally sucked because something was just off. I got another Z1 chip and have been doing great ever since. So...Why does my Z boost so high without any problems? I've hit the beeper at 22PSI loads of times. I'm thinking the Toluene is just miraculous or something. I have a really high gain too and when I boost, it's like getting drop kicked. The Continental Extreme contact tires burn as soon as it hits....On the high setting... Even in 3rd gear. So no one else is boosting over 15 or so? I built this thing to go and she does, but I'm just curious why others don't boost so much? I think it's all about the Toluene.

(I learned this from a Porsche racing professional/team):

Toluene is denser than ordinary gasoline and contains more energy per unit volume. Thus combustion of toluene leads to more energy being liberated and thus more power generated. This is in contrast to oxygenated octane boosters like ethanol or Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE), which contain less energy per unit volume compared to gasoline. The higher heating value of toluene also means that the exhaust gases contain more kinetic energy, which in turn means that there is more energy to drive turbocharger vanes.

I'm only running about 93 octane: 16 gal 91 and 2 gal of Toluene at 114 (R+M/2)

7 years of hard boosting without a problem....It's the Toluene.

Has anyone tried a dyno with 14 gal 91 and 2 gal Toluene? It's only about 94.5 Octane (R+M/2)

Would someone plz post up their EBC settings? Please? Toluene is getting hard to find and it's up to $20 a gallon.

Thanks everyone. Peace.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.