TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - No start saga continues.....
People Seeking Info

Subject No start saga continues.....

Posted by Zxpress on January 02, 2023 at 4:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 135 times.

Message Not sure if some of this is coincidence, or I did something to cause the problems. But here I am. Things just got worse as I tried to diagnose.
At the beginning, balance test said number 4 cylinder would not fire.

1. Cleaned all injector connections. Reassembled and only three cylinders would fire. But I could keep it running to do more diagnostics.

2. 3 coil packs fail the spark test. Install a new PTU and sub-harness, new plugs. Ground the plugs with a wire and peak between the hood an cowl. They all spark when cranking.

3. Battery voltage is present on all injector connectors. NOID light says all are pulsating when I try to start. All injectors actuate with a 9 volt battery. All ohm test well within spec.

4. Fuel pressure is 65psi.

5. Pull the CAS and turn by hand. Only #5 and #6 injectors click. Injectors were replaced in 2011 with the old style OEM, but only have less than 15K on them. (yea, I know. Would drive more if I can stop working on the dam thing)

6. Is it possible for a bad CAS to fire only a couple of injectors? I did set my multimeter to record max voltage and it ranged from ~4volts to 7.5. Am I looking at replacing these 'new' injectors?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.