TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 91 300zx N/A issues (starting to be resolved)
People Seeking Info

Subject 91 300zx N/A issues (starting to be resolved)

Posted by cm1wrx on December 21, 2022 at 3:31 PM
  This message has been viewed 162 times.

Message The thread I originally started is locked so posting new. Please see original thread for details.

After a tonnnn of work... I found an issue. Looks like the idle air valve was having issues (not sure exactly what the problem was). I replaced it and now the car starts on the key with no throttle input. Runs rough and is throwing a MAF code (code 12) right now but its running on its own, which is good. I ordered a replacement MAF from rockauto and have already replaced the harness connector with a new unit from Z1. Car is running really rich right now and stumbling a little. There is a distinct smell of fuel and the exhaust on the drivers side is really smoking quite a bit. I am pulling the plugs to inspect shortly however I think between the bad MAF (I am assuming) the old fuel (few years old at this point) and sitting for so long I am down to the root cause. Doesn't seem to have any vacuum leaks that I can find (most of the vacuum lines have been removed/deleted like the EGR and all the other things that just need to be removed and or replaced on a 30+ year old car.) If there's anything else I should be looking at please feel free to chime in. Seems like I find a problem... wait for a part.... install the part.... it either does nothing or just gets a little better.... and then I find another issue and start the process all over again. I just want to drive the damn thing! Rant over.....

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.