TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Some interesting developments today..
People Seeking Info

Subject Some interesting developments today..

Posted by Z Force1 on November 05, 2022 at 9:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 157 times.

In Reply To Re: Running lean, hestitation at 3500rpm posted by Cjw3 on November 04, 2022 at 01:32 PM

Message The bucking & hesitation was caused by a blown main (big blue) fusible link that had been twisted together by the previous owner. After driving for 20-30 minutes, or getting on the throttle a lot it would hesitate & cut out, happened 3 times. Weirdly as i was broken down on the side of the road the third time the interior light would come on with the switch in the middle door activated setting, and not when set to on. Inspected fuses & found the main blue link blown & twisted.

I cleaned & rebuilt the 2 cas units that gave 40 degrees as the lowest setting and now they all show the same. 17 degrees lowest when turned all the way. The belt is 100% definitely installed correctly. ECU shows 15 degrees @ idle so it's not the neutral switch advancing it by 10 degrees.

I suspect a problem with the exhaust cam drive pin, it's not visibly worn but im going to swap in another known good camshaft

My light is a cheap unit with no advance or retard setting. iv'e used for years on many vg's and found it to be great so never needed an upgrade.

I check the trigger from no1 cylinder &/or the PTU loop. Its a brand new wiring specialties harness & the loop seems to work OK but i know they cause issues frequently

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.