TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 300zx Fuel Issues
People Seeking Info

Subject 300zx Fuel Issues

Posted by cm1wrx on October 02, 2022 at 3:44 PM
  This message has been viewed 239 times.

Message Ok, so the car is a 1991 300zx 2+2 that I am restoring. The car ran when I purchased it but I did a bunch of work to it and now it won't start. It cranked and fired a little at first and now it only cranks. I have verified the following:

ECU check "code 55 NO FAULT"
Spark confirmed on all 6 coils
Fuel injectors passed ohm test (one was 14 but still within spec).
The injectors are connected properly and have good ground (I checked the entire harness from the ECU to the injectors themselves with good continuity).
PTU replaced along with the relay
Fuel pump controller mod for good ground
Fuel pump replaced with a Walbro (I can hear it running and I am getting 43psi out of the fuel filter)
I blew out the fuel lines from the tank to just before the filter with compressed air (good flow)
Removed the CAS, disassembled, cleaned and reinstalled (Have not run CAS test to verify injectors.... will do tomorrow)
All connectors cleaned with CRC electrical parts cleaner
All coil pack harnesses and injector harnesses replaced.

The only thing I see that seems out of place is the fact that I hooked up a line to the fuel rail closest to the firewall and ran it into a bucket to cycle the fuel pump and look for good fuel flow and there just doesn't seem to be as much as I would expect. Also, I don't get the "spray" of fuel when I pull the lines off... just a trickle of fuel.

Filter line is run to the forward fuel rail line. FPR is still the oem unit with 174k on it (I just ordered a new one).

Anything else I should be looking at?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.