TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The cats need a 'Close to Stoch Mixture' to run.
People Seeking Info

Subject The cats need a 'Close to Stoch Mixture' to run.

Posted by Cjw3 on May 01, 2022 at 10:08 AM
  This message has been viewed 137 times.

In Reply To Vid Link for Zed Cat Test posted by Cjw3 on April 30, 2022 at 11:03 AM

Message This Vid was a test to see if I could keep the Cats Hot while Idling. Initially the ECU would not adjust itself to keep the Mixture close to Stoch to keep the Cat Lit off.. The Fuel Mixture would fall off to lean, and the Flame would go out, and the Cats would get cold.
After some Discussions, Research and Tuning, I was able to adjust things to get the 'Mixture' Richer at Idle, so the ECU would be in the range necessary to make mixture corrections, to keep the Cats Running.
My Opinion is the Fuel now is different than the fuel of the 90's, and the Closed Loop Tuning Range of the ECU at idle is not enough to adjust for the requirement of moor fuel necessary to keep the O2's at Lambda.

My Z does not go over the rollers, it just does the Stationary Test.. Last test was <10 Hc on both the Idling at 2500 RPM test.

The Smog Tech said I was running about 16:1 Idling Mixture at test time. Looks like it needs to have a little more fuel at Idle

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.