TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Some answers
People Seeking Info

Subject Some answers

Posted by ChrisZTT(Sacto, CA) on April 28, 2022 at 1:54 AM
  This message has been viewed 162 times.

In Reply To Please don't start to do random shit. posted by Bernie (NoVA) on April 27, 2022 at 09:45 PM

Message What is your timing at? - I'll check tomorrow

What spark plugs & gap? - OEM 60k plugs, I'll check the gap tomorrow

Do you have any leaking vac lines in the engine bay - esp on the fuel pressure reg? - None that I can find. The AVCR shows a steady vacuum of -530-550 mmHg. The lines are all hose techniques silicone with zip ties on all the connection points. I will check around the regulator tomorrow.

Any air leaks in the intake piping? - No, there are hard pipes, couplers and T-bolts on them and checked and rechecked prior to SMOG.

Have the cats been gutted? It sure looks like it. - I didn't gut them but I was wondering if they rotted out. They are original to the car and they look kind of beat up like the prior owner bottomed out the car a few times.

Between the 2 sets of tests I replaced the oxygen sensors, they have about 40 miles on them so far, new oil, cleaned and oiled the JWT pop charger, was sure to let it dry way longer than needed, new fuel filter and gas cap. And for some reason there was a bolt shoved into and hose clamped into the vent line on the bottom of the carbon canister that I removed.

Any idea if its better to run 87 or 91 octane for a SMOG. I ask because I had it SMOG tested before any replacement stuff listed above was done and it failed also but the number were better.

This was the original SMOG results strait out of a 14 year hiatus with no cleaning or new O2 sensors but with 91 octane

Then this was the results with 87 octane and the above replaced parts and what not.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.