TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - A lot of issues
People Seeking Info

Subject A lot of issues

Posted by Lucky300zx on November 11, 2021 at 9:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 205 times.

Message 1 year ago I purchased a 1990 300zx na 2+2. Blew up the engine in July of 2020, because of Covid and moving houses, the engine build took around 8 months or so. So I bought forged internals all the way around and rebuilt it myself. Me being a dumb person, decided that I could just get rid of the stuff I didn't need. Now here we are the engine runs and drives pretty well but there are a lot of things that I need to fix/tune. If you don't mind helping me out that would be great.

(I now work at Nissan and have done a lot of test there.)

I think I had a vacuum leak, but I smoke tested it and after fixing the vacuum leaks that where pretty easy to fix the smoke starts leaking out of the dip stick and the rear main seal, I don't know if this could be an issue to the vacuum or not but I'm going to ask anyways.

While rebuilding the heads I forgot to add the oil seals. could this lead to me burning a bunch of oil and loud lifters-values. I also have an oil leak coming from the oil pan. Planning on dropping the sub frame and fixing this, while I'm there. I'm going to upgrade the motor mounts to Urethane Motor Mount. Later down the road I plan on taking off the heads and fixing the oil seals with fancy ones, while I have the engine basically all the way open, I plan to get aftermarket head gasket, new fuel injectors, and maybe new head bolts.

The idle and acceleration is sloppy. The idle loves to jump from anywhere from 2000 to 500 sometimes even stalling, making it very hard to do stop and traffic lights. The acceleration is rough from anything below 3000 rpms, resulting in really jumpy acceleration and hesitation.

Exhaust I made myself, wondering if its restricting the flow of the exhaust resulting in lack of peak horsepower. The exhaust is setup like so; 2.5 inch 3 to 1 header going into and 2 inch pipe, going into a 2 inch y-pipe that stays 2 inches to the muffler which then goes to 2.5 inch muffler (Its a cheap Ebay muffler.) I have plans to weld and fabricate my own exhaust just wanna know what I should do for pipe sizes, and mufflers choice.

I'm trying to do all of the work on the car myself and will not take it to another shop anymore.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.