TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Yes, black is original-installed damper and regulator... I'd
People Seeking Info

Subject Yes, black is original-installed damper and regulator... I'd

Posted by Woodnutz (PA) on October 19, 2021 at 9:55 AM
  This message has been viewed 167 times.

In Reply To Re: If your compression numbers are all within that range, posted by 93TTZ5401 on October 18, 2021 at 06:55 PM

Message replace sooner rather than later. Newer OEM piece are either brass (newer) or silver (newest - if I recall correctly). I managed to get a new genuine OEM damper from a Japanse vendor via eBay for about $30 less than Z1 pricing and I got a new Bosch regulator (not genuine OEM) for $30, also off eBay. I know eBay typically warrants eye-rolls and public shaming, but the damper was a lucky find and I wouldn't have bought the regulator if it wasn't an OEM-worthy replacement manufacturer.

All that said, Z1 and Concept Z has these items, but I believe Bernie has them too.

I had the "putts" like you mention, but mine seemed to decrease after I got my tune, but I don't that's of much concern regardless. I think different shops' tunes will behave slightly different, but I'd expect you to be good if the JWT chip is good for the boost you're looking to go to. You're right, the off-she-shelf tunes will typically run overly rich to be safe.

- Aaron

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.