TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Advice on body work
People Seeking Info

Subject Advice on body work

Posted by TTwinTTurboZ on June 20, 2021 at 9:49 AM
  This message has been viewed 301 times.

Message Hello,

I hit an elk, well two elk going 60mph. I’ve got the body panels back on, headlight fixed and windshield repaired. I’ve also repainted it (all this is diy btw). I’m not an expert at body work this is my first time but I want opinions on how to go about fixing this spot on the driver bumper. The fender that I bought used had body work that I didn’t know about so when I sanded all the paint off I found body filler where the metal is showing. It’s not terrible but I’m wondering if someone could explain the steps of how to go about fixing this. If I ultimately have to sand the whole fender down again I will do it but honestly I don’t want to if there is a decent way to get the filler in there, primer, paint and clear coat on. I’m just not sure how far to spread the filler, should it go over the metal and onto the paint or do I have to avoid the paint altogether. Obviously I wanna avoid any lines as I already repaired this but skipped some steps and it didn’t look right so I sanded it back down. Thanks

PS the two pics at the end are before the accident. It’s a 91tt.
2-F653-AAE-83-C1-4832-AEE1-8846-B8-E9-DC2-C
81-B9-B734-AB53-4-CC3-A20-E-19-DE8282-AFC3
629-DD212-39-F7-49-E7-B067-D2-F6-C34-A4409
CE6-A1-CDD-1-FDA-4-C1-E-B7-C5-DC83-A7-E946-AB

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.