TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Hey, no I didn't clean it before the pic, I kept it as is
People Seeking Info

Subject Hey, no I didn't clean it before the pic, I kept it as is

Posted by Adamo on June 04, 2021 at 3:20 PM
  This message has been viewed 147 times.

In Reply To Did you clean the rear of the engine before the pics? posted by itsa300zx on June 04, 2021 at 10:11 AM

Message Wanted to make sure I didn't smear or touch anything so I can have the best bet to pinpoint the leak. The engine does look clean at the top but the bottom of the transmission was always leaking drops of oil, and the thin metal plates between the tranny and motor were also quite oily along with a lot of oil in the transmission housing. But what's weird is the oil pan is never wet. Maybe it drips in between the two metal plates and somehow makes it into transmission without touching clutch or flywheel cause those are perfectly clean.

From my eye the halfmoon definitely looks like it is probably leaking, but I guess it's not super evident on the picture. For the freeze plug I do know that would only leak coolant but just curious how this drop of oil got up there. The top of engine looks clean and don't really see a path of oil under that little drop near the freeze plug.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.