TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Manual/auto ECU board differences
People Seeking Info

Subject Manual/auto ECU board differences

Posted by scorp997 on May 26, 2021 at 1:00 PM
  This message has been viewed 209 times.

Message A classified post from Bernie reminded me to ask a question that one of you may know the answer to. His sale implies that his socketed ECU can work on an auto or manual (he could also have multiple units for sale as far as I know)

Are the circuit boards the same (or compatible) between a TT manual ECU and an TT automatic ECU? I know the eproms are different codes and that an auto ECU (with an upgraded code) can be directly used in a manual. What I don’t know is if an automatic eprom is inserted into a socketed manual ECU will it work on an automatic car?

I have a socketed manual ECU in my stash for when I do swap out the auto for a 5-speed, but this may not be for a while and I could buy an auto eprom and install it in my car now. I have looked at the circuit board and it appears to have the traces on the auto specific pins, so I suspect the boards may be the same, just with different eproms in them.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the socketed ECUs without an eprom installed are compatible with either transmissions?

Thanks in advance
John
Tacoma, WA

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.