TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Rail off is easier. >> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
People Seeking Info

Subject Rail off is easier. >> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posted by ZUL8TR on May 23, 2021 at 7:43 AM
  This message has been viewed 186 times.

In Reply To Re: Is the rail installed on the engine with injectors in place? posted by saltysam on May 22, 2021 at 11:00 PM

Message Test the left and right side rails as a unit with the front rail to rail connector hose in place and the injectors installed.

Connect a hose from the compressor outlet to one end of the rail and in that hose install a tee for a pressure gage and before the tee install a shutoff valve. Then plug up all other exits in the rail to create a closed system to trap air. If the compressor has a discharge side cutoff valve then no need to add the valve I note. Pressure up the rail to about 45 psi, close the valve to prevent air back flow thru the compressor. See if the pressure remains constant for at least 1/2 hour, if it holds that is great you are done. Although even if no drop detected I do a water bath test.

If the pressure drops any can locate the leak by submerging the entire pressurized rail in a bath of water and look for bubbles to locate the leak.

Can also skip the pressure gage installation set up and pressure up the rail and directly submerge and look for bubbles. Fix any leaks, injectors can leak at the tip. Your 94 has the better design injector internals and should be ok but you never know. I had brand new OEM 93+ new style leak at the tip.

Upon rail install on lower manifold need to get a good seal of rail system there.

ZUL8TR

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.