TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Someone please help..before I torch this car :)
People Seeking Info

Subject Someone please help..before I torch this car :)

Posted by Stanky (BC) on April 30, 2021 at 5:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 423 times.

Message Usually, I'd post this in the tech section, but I am officially out of options/ideas and need as much input as possible in tracking down this issue.

PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO https://youtu.be/lOU8VJT6jtQ

Long story short, last summer I was on the HWY and the car basically sounded like it cut a few cylinders. No problem, drove it home to take a look at it. Here is what has been eliminated...........

1. Coil packs swapped between B1 and B2, no change
2. PTU swapped with known good unit, no change
3. Brand new NGK 7s installed, no change
4. Compression in all 6 cylinders 130-140psi on a cold engine with 500 cams( score!)
5. Injectors ALL ohm out good, all have 12V and all were removed anyways to be cleaned/flow tested, and all 6 operating perfectly with perfect atomization(nismo 740s about 4-5 years old). Can also hear all 6 clicking when running
7. Verifed 12v present at coils, and checked continuity between PTU/Coil #1 and continuity is present.
8. Cas swapped with known good unit (Thanks Kent)
9. Wiring harness is a WS one thats probably 5 years old too.

Car runs, but just doesn't run right on B1. You can tell this by it almost stalling out when disconnecting one cylinder from B2. Really at a loss for ideas here, and any input would be much appreciated.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.