TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: How tight should the bottom end be after a rebuild?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: How tight should the bottom end be after a rebuild?

Posted by DanielThomas on March 06, 2021 at 3:11 PM
  This message has been viewed 155 times.

In Reply To How tight should the bottom end be after a rebuild? posted by DanielThomas on March 05, 2021 at 04:55 PM

Message My motor was built by someone else and the bearings lasted 30-40 miles before they knocked, the crank was ruined so I got a spare and i'm trying to get by with the rods that were on there, it previously has .25 oversized bearings now its got a standard crank with standard king bearings. Its out of the car i've got it all ready to go in now for the exception of the oil sump pan.

I took one of the main caps off yesterday and saw a TINY bit of the black coating on the bearings had been gouged out (sounds worse than it is) where the metal was obviously touching, The girdle was on the wrong way round which was only apparent when I tried to put the oil dipstick in and it wouldn't go. The bearing positions were correct although the girldle was on wrong so not sure if that makes a difference, i swapped the two end bearings over, turned the girdle and re-torqued everything and it seems easier to turn now, think it just needed a few turns to move all the assembly lube all around.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.