TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: 300zx cranks but no start
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: 300zx cranks but no start

Posted by DanielThomas on February 05, 2021 at 7:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 177 times.

In Reply To Re: 300zx cranks but no start posted by MyBlueZ on February 04, 2021 at 04:50 PM

Message Hi thanks for the Reply, much appreciated. I believe the fuel pressure on the adjustable regulator was set way to high and hopefully causing the truly insane amount of smoke (car disappeared in smoke after 30 seconds). It was white/grey smoke but my friend seems to think it was brownish too. I dried the plugs as they were wet which I hope was fuel and not oil, although it seemed oil.i set the gaps much smaller and retested the spark on the plenum and the spark seemed much stronger. (dis not have tool to set properly), turn downed the fuel pressure regulator and re seated the ECU plug and it started up and sounded much better but still smoked some. Hoping to run it in hard with lots of engine braking tomorrow once I get the clutch bled properly

On a side note my car does not hold fuel pressure for longer than a minute which I believe is because it has an NA pump assembly with DW300 pump that has no check valve. Trying to decide on if I should remove the pump Assembly to install a check valve or just leave as is

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.