TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Maybe a silly build related question, but I'm asking it
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Maybe a silly build related question, but I'm asking it

Posted by MyBlueZ on January 31, 2021 at 8:54 AM
  This message has been viewed 145 times.

In Reply To Maybe a silly build related question, but I'm asking it posted by beanz on January 30, 2021 at 03:11 PM

Message I'm not the most experienced builder, but I can tell you what I'm doing. For the small bits, I bought several small parts carry cases from harbor freight like this.

https://www.harborfreight.com/20-bin-medium-portable-parts-storage-case-93928.html

They have other sizes too. When I removed nuts and bolts etc from the car, I put them in a slot in the case and marked the slot with a ptouch labeler.

For the larger parts that I took off a parts car, I bought stackable big ass bins with latching lids from home depot. I labeled almost everything with the ptouch as they went in the bins and organized the bins as best I could (right front, HVAC, intake/intercoolers, etc). For several things I used ziplocs to keep parts together in the bin.

For the new parts I've been collecting, I have more bins. I have an inventory sheet in each bin so I know what's there without having to dig through.

I've been prepping for this build for three years. Anal and obsessive? Yes probably.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.