TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Ended up having the contact on the switch, so hard-wired it
People Seeking Info

Subject Ended up having the contact on the switch, so hard-wired it

Posted by Keaner on November 21, 2020 at 4:12 PM
  This message has been viewed 151 times.

In Reply To door ajar switch differences? posted by Keaner on November 21, 2020 at 02:43 PM

Message in. I already ordered the 95/96 ones with wires still attached, so next time :)

Mice went to town on that and the relay behind the drivers door (overhead lamp relay), chewing the entire back of the door ajar switch off, both the body side harness connector, and the connector socket.

I had the little metal spade connector from inside the body harness connector, so soldered in a new wire, plugged it in, and taped it tight to the switch. Then, soldered the other half into the body connector. Covered up in tape and loom, and that part was back together.

The overhead lamp relay from the harness was ALSO chewed through (the plastic wrap on it, plus into ALL of the wires!), but it was still working! Surprisingly, the mice didn't get any little shocks out of that one. I soldered new wire in to replace the whole run from the large harness run, to the connector, then wrapped with a pretty thick layer of tape.

Now at least the idiot chime (you left the lights on you donkey!) will let me know before I come out of the grocery store to headlights again!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.