TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - My guess was that Nissan designed the extra upper bleeding
People Seeking Info

Subject My guess was that Nissan designed the extra upper bleeding

Posted by robo (sebring1970) on November 13, 2020 at 11:59 PM
  This message has been viewed 185 times.

In Reply To I did the upper clutch bleed line delete on my car using posted by Inzane on November 13, 2020 at 12:20 PM

Message point and tube as a way to allow air bubbles to rise (?) which in theory would make bleeding easier. Even though the Nissan engineers know more in their little fingers than I do in my brain, I think the upper bleeding point may be another (minor) example of Nissan 90's over-engineering.

When your look at the 3-way junction box where the bleeding tubes intersect, and the right angles of flow, to me a straight shot made much more sense. My real motivation at the time was the upper bleeding point was hitting the underside of my hood and making a rattle. Bleeding was a breeze after the delete and I never had an issue. All the comments about improved clutch feel in my write up on my Web site were probably my wishful imagination since I had just changed my clutch at the same time. But the part about never having a problem was true. And Inzane lists his occupation as "Professional Engineer" so that beats a blank

"Straight-line acceleration is probably the first aspect of
automotive performance that any intelligent driver gets bored with."
Peter Gregg

"We owe a lot to the dragsters.
They always break something,
figure out a way to beef up the part
and then the benefit trickles
down."
Robo

"Not everything that can be counted counts. Not everything that
counts can be counted."
Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.