TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I will take pics... more info and what others suggest
People Seeking Info

Subject I will take pics... more info and what others suggest

Posted by Ts2 on October 10, 2020 at 5:37 PM
  This message has been viewed 191 times.

In Reply To If you know your interface and software work in other Zs... posted by DVDBURN (MD) on October 10, 2020 at 04:23 PM

Message Its at a shop and I will take the Ecu out and post pics.
The other thing I will try is to swap the Ecu with another 93-94 NA 2+2 16bit Ecu.
I was also suggested to try this Ecu into another working 93-94 NA to rule out a bad Ecu and if the consult works in another car with this Ecu, then maybe it is the wiring in the blown head gasket car.

Aside from having a blown head gasket, it runs decent (parked), but all I did is start it for a few minutes just to check gauges and the AC, which all work fine now.

However, I was also told the Ecu could be in limp-mode and if it is then the engine won't rev past 2500 and Rx and Tx become disabled on the consult port. Can anyone verify this?

I didn't check this as I started it and let it idle, but did not have a check engine light, all normal. Although, I did have a flashing air bag light that I fixed.

Assuming it is in limp mode, is there a way to get the Ecu out of limp-mode? I did disconnect the battery so I am not sure that alone resets it as the consult still had no Rx or Tx after.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.