TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Calling all experts... car idles rough, hesitates/stumbles
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Calling all experts... car idles rough, hesitates/stumbles

Posted by theo.laz on August 25, 2020 at 11:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 266 times.

In Reply To Calling all experts... car idles rough, hesitates/stumbles posted by theo.laz on August 25, 2020 at 01:54 AM

Message The ECU has finally given me an error code - "Error 11" (Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit).

Next I will do the following (in the specified order):

- remove radiator fan and timing belt covers to access the timing belt.
- inspect the timing belt to see if it has slipped (count the teeth to verify placement)
- remove the timing belt and inspect the Inlet Camshaft Sprockets for rear leakage and movement (I might just decide to replace them with the "BDE VTC Intake Cam Gear Sprocket Set" from Z1 or Concept Z Performance)
- replace/reposition the timing belt and replace the CAS with my spare CAS

At this point I will just start the car for a minute to see if it behaves normally before putting all the covers/fans/belts back together. If it still misbehaves then I will need to look into the ECU (this is harder to do since I don't have a known good ECU - anyone in Las Vegas that has access to a good ECU please let me know. :)

If you guys think that I should look into anything else while I have the timing belt cover off then please let me know. Thanks again for all your help.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.