TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - As you mentioned, there's a lot of debate on this one.
People Seeking Info

Subject As you mentioned, there's a lot of debate on this one.

Posted by Woodnutz (PA) on July 27, 2020 at 7:25 AM
  This message has been viewed 172 times.

In Reply To PCV Delete for daily driving - recommended or not? posted by DanielThomas on July 25, 2020 at 05:32 PM

Message The main issue I have with it is the inlets for the plenum-vacuum side of it being so low on the exhaust valve cover - very easy to suck excess (non-vapor) oil there. On my car, the fittings on the exhaust valve cover were loose and leaking.

Also, I think the plenum-vacuum half of the system is redundant with the presence of the plenum-boosted portion (venting of intake valve covers to turbo inlet pipes). The turbo inlet pipe will always be under vacuum with the engine running, plus it's also vented to atmosphere.

I deleted the exhaust-plenum portion of the PCV system for the reason above, plus mine was leaking and I always look to simplify things within reason. I kept the intake-turbo inlet portion of the system as-designed, althought a catch can probably isn't a bad idea. If I was running higher boost (which I'm not) and presumably getting more blow-by, I'd definitely install a catch can.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.