TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Need help/ideas. I had my oil pan replaced at the
People Seeking Info

Subject Need help/ideas. I had my oil pan replaced at the

Posted by doug8867 on July 09, 2020 at 8:43 PM
  This message has been viewed 180 times.

Message Dealer to fix a leak. Took them a week because they had to order pan. Drove the car home and turned it off, only to discover the third brake light stayed on! I felt it and it was very Very hot, like it had been on awhile. Anyway, I restarted the car to see if that solved the problem. It didn’t. The only way to get it to go off was to disconnect battery. By this time the Dealer had already closed for the day.

I wondered if my other brake lights were working so decided to hook battery back up and press brakes while my wife looked at car from back. But when I reattached the battery I got nothing. No click. Nothing. Checked battery and it’s putting out 12 volts.

Whatever short was causing only the third brake light to stay on has now affected more. Obviously I’m pissed and suspect there is a short somewhere either because something was hooked up incorrectly or not hooked up, etc, but not sure where to look. maybe a ground left off somewhere?

If it is simple enough I would love to be able to fix the light/non starting issue without the hassle of going back To the dealer but I’m not sure what might have been disconnected, pinched,etc. in the area when replacing the pan that would have caused this type of thing.

Any thoughts appreciated.Thanks.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.