TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I can't scare you off, so can 'We' help?
People Seeking Info

Subject I can't scare you off, so can 'We' help?

Posted by Cjw3 on May 20, 2020 at 10:39 AM
  This message has been viewed 164 times.

In Reply To Re: I'll cut to the Chase.. Drive it or Sell it posted by eekay on May 20, 2020 at 10:03 AM

Message I'm an old Fart.. I like Puttering with things.. I've done Moderately well over the years, and have ended up still living in Ca, and have a Shop ( barn ) to work out of. It's rare..

I'm a Grandpa and like teaching who ever will listen to my ramblings..

If you keep the car, the engine will have to come out.. where do you plan on doing that?.. I'm Lazy and have the Space.. I got a Two Poster Rack and I pull the motor out from the Bottom of the Car.. I built a 'Sled' to bolt the Engine/Tranny to.. then Lift the Car off.. Works well..
This last engine I did ( With my Son ) we got it out in 3 Hours.. In usually takes a little longer.. like 4 to running..

With the 'Engine Sled', I can Dress up the Engine with all the Little Goodies, and then Lower the Car on to it.. It's not a Piece of Cake, but for me it's better than the Shoe Horn and Can opener that is required to get the motor out the Top..

I'm now working on trying to Cast Up the little Interior pieces that are broken or missing.. Cause even when I find the Piece in good shape, it's 30 years old.. So I'm trying to cast a Copy from it, and make new..

It's a project..

Good Luck..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.