TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I'll cut to the Chase.. Drive it or Sell it
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I'll cut to the Chase.. Drive it or Sell it

Posted by eekay on May 20, 2020 at 10:03 AM
  This message has been viewed 172 times.

In Reply To I'll cut to the Chase.. Drive it or Sell it posted by Cjw3 on May 20, 2020 at 07:03 AM

Message The VG30DETT was crammed into the engine bay because the Nissan designers thought of the "form" first, then the "function."

I hope rings are all I need. I'm aware that new seals and gaskets are a must if the heads are pulled off.

What do you consider a "half worn" motor?

I don't have an "engine mentor." I rely on Youtube and the Z community. I did the 120K service myself, and am pretty mechanically inclined. Yeah, the Z runs fine (no blue or white smoke from exhaust) but the compression (when I accelerate) feels weak and that defeats the purpose of owning the twin turbo model. When I was 16 back in 1991, I was lucky enough to ride in a Z32 TT brand new. I remember it felt explosively fast, for its time of course, and remember the driver even "chirping" it up to 4 gear. Mine can barely chirp to second, so I know the engine needs work.....All the Z's in better shape are expensive now, for a used 25+ y.o. car. I got mine for a relative bargain, because the previous owner neglected it (cosmetically) and didn't want it around anymore. I will stick with my Z.....

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.