TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Don't do it..
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Don't do it..

Posted by eekay on May 19, 2020 at 9:22 AM
  This message has been viewed 262 times.

In Reply To Don't do it.. posted by Cjw3 on May 19, 2020 at 07:14 AM

Message Well, I kinda read up on that too. CA is a pita when it comes to engine swaps, with smog laws being the tip of the iceberg.

I bought the Z32 tt because it was my dream car when it first came out (I was 14 and about to start high school then). And it still is. Another reason I bought it was because I wanted to get an FD3S originally, but unfortunately the market prices on those are noticeably higher than Z32's, but also because I hear their reliability is really bad, along with really poor gas mileage. But if I was a rich old man, I'd buy a 2021 Porsche 911 Carrera S LOL! I did the 120K service myself (and I know that's not what a "seasoned" mechanic is, but it is pretty involved) and I thought it was pretty demanding (in terms of hunching over, getting under the car, etc.)

But please give me your opinion about the compression and leakdown numbers I posted. The car runs fine, no blue or white smoke from exhaust, no leaks. It's just old and needs a refresh. But what do you think I need to refresh?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.