TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated
People Seeking Info

Subject Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated

Posted by Polishzx on January 25, 2020 at 9:29 PM
  This message has been viewed 145 times.

In Reply To Couple things. posted by DVDBURN (MD) on January 25, 2020 at 08:19 PM

Message This is for my A/T 2+2 project car. So instead of the clutch interlock, I have the inhibitor switch/harness. This is a brand new inhibitor harness/switch that I installed on the A/T trans, and I am getting the A/T light on the dash that goes out after 2 seconds when I turn the key ON, indicating it is working correctly. I also have a Conzult, and I can access the A/T diagnostics that are working. No codes from ECU.

-Could the A/T speed sensor or A/T Revolution sensor cause a no-crank condition if they're not working? These are separate than the A/T inhibitor switch harness.

-I've completely removed the security module from the system for troubleshooting. With the module removed, is there any possibility of security system interference?

Here are a few more notes on everything I've tried:

-Conzult shows START SIGNAL when I turned the key, but no click from starter relay/solenoid in driver side front wheel well.
-Tried 3 different starter solenoids
-Can hear fuel pump when I turn the key
-Everything electrical in interior seems to work fine, as does all exterior lights, turn signals, etc.
-Checked all fuses
-Verified starter is good and fully functional
-Replaced every Ignition/Engine/Security relay I could find on engine bay fuse box.
-Replaced Circuit breaker Relay, Ignition Relay and bulb check relay behind fuse box in driver footwell
-Tried different A/T control ECU
-Good continuity of trans harness, but I need to check continuity elsewhere.
-Brand new battery harness
-Electrical cleaner in key-hole
-Brand new battery

I'm sure I'm missing something here though, I'm weak when it comes to electrical troubleshooting... This is a new project car for me, I'm starting to think there could be a hidden aftermarket isolation security switch installed somewhere.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.