TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - What kind of resistance? The joint can only be rocked at >>
People Seeking Info

Subject What kind of resistance? The joint can only be rocked at >>

Posted by ZUL8TR on January 18, 2020 at 9:32 AM
  This message has been viewed 151 times.

In Reply To Driveshaft input yolk u joint resistance posted by orion on January 17, 2020 at 04:42 PM

Message 90 degrees from the other cross joint and each does the same rocking. The movement should be smooth and no slack where the Cross joint goes into each roller bearing cup. What is the condition of the center bearing and rubber boot, the rubber is usually bad if old and needs replacement. 300 seems high to me for used 2 piece DS that needs some work. I suppose you bought on line and it was delivered so no inspection before a buy?

The alignment of the 2 piece is at the center support bearing there are up and down spacers and there are side to side slots. The proper fore aft aliment ti center support is effected by the rear tranny support if that is worn (gets soft and settles ) there will be excessive DS angle.

I recommend you replace the rear tranny support if it is old, they can look good but are not. Go with OEM.

ZUL8TR

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.