TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Car dying while driving... Part 2
People Seeking Info

Subject Car dying while driving... Part 2

Posted by thumper300zx on January 15, 2020 at 3:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 166 times.

Message Followup/More Questions: [ http://twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/forums/technical/view/1163129/Car-dying-while-driving.html ]

Things done since: Manual FP gauge now installed. PTU harness delete (soldered and shrink wrapped each wire individually, then over all of them together).

Car acts exactly the same -- runs great.... until it cuts out completely.

New observations: When the car cuts out, I have now been able to stop and observe fuel pressure on manual gauge. It is immediately lower. Normally about 37 at idle when the car is running. The last time I read it when it cut out it was immediately down to 15.

Car tends to start right back up after turning off/on ignition, but sometimes it take a couple tries.

For the first time, I did hear the fuel pump buzz pretty loudly while priming. But it was only once and has been fairly quiet since.

It does seem the warmer the car is, the more often it cuts out.

Does any of this sound like a fuel pump controller? Or just the fuel pump itself cutting out altogether while driving (or intermittent check valve issue or FPR issue?)

I will also connect a voltmeter somewhere visible so I can see what's happening there while driving. I also still need to check ECU codes, but I have a feeling nothing will show up there. (it's a JWT FYI).

Thanks for any help.

VISIT thumper300zx.com for PICS and TECH PAGES

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.