TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - ok, I can see how you would come to that conclusion
People Seeking Info

Subject ok, I can see how you would come to that conclusion

Posted by dTb on November 17, 2019 at 5:23 PM
  This message has been viewed 176 times.

In Reply To From your Pics the Crank Journal is Tapered posted by Cjw3 on November 17, 2019 at 11:00 AM

Message I dropped the crank, block, heads off at a performance machine shop to be inspected and reworked as neccesary.. I ordered some Plastigauges but have some questions. It looks like in their instructions that you are supposed to shim the neigboring bearing caps to which you are measuring. Did I understand that correctly? Wouldn't you want to put a few pieces like 45 deg apart on each thrust side bearing and tighten down the girdle and everything so they all get compressed together as it would be in it's running condition/position?

I will be sourcing a crank but it is a shame that I have to since the crank had been modified (I think for added oiling performance but not sure how... I'll probably inspect mine and a stock crank and report back). My build supporting mods is to have about 700 at the wheels. I run e85 primarily so that number might be a little lower with my 1000cc injectors. Anyway, this is a beast motor to me but won't be run hard all the time, I actually drive it very conservatively as many members here who know me and have been to Z events and cruises with me can attest. I def want all my parts to be the best fit for longevity as possible. Instead of tearing the motor down for rebuild every 5k, I would rather it last at least 20+k, indefinitely ideally but I realize that is unlikely.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.